Call Us : (03) 5672 3733
William (Bill) Donohue purchased his first tipper (along with a square mouth shovel) in the early 1950’s and set about doing whatever was required to put food on the table. Whether it be as a cartage contractor, winning and loading sand (by hand) for local concretor’s or cutting and delivering firewood.
In the mid 1950’s he obtained an Extractive Industry Lease at The Gurdies and built a crude sand washing plant. In 1963 he identified that a demand for readymix concrete had emerged and he delivered his first load of concrete in that year from The Gurdies Concrete Plant.
With the closure of the Wonthaggi mines a lease on the Old Powerhouse Site was obtained. A concrete plant was built and the first load of readymix concrete was delivered from the Wonthaggi concrete plant in 1970.
Evan’s Quarries was purchased in 1981 for a secure supply of aggregates to our concrete business. A concrete plant was subsequently opened on this site and operated from 1983.
The Business of Island Garden Supplies with its Newhaven and Inverloch locations including concrete plants at both sites was purchased in 2002.
Bill Donohue passed on in 1997 and the business has been owned and operated for many years by three of his sons, Kevin, Bryan and Paul.
Decorative and polished concrete finishes for floors, driveways, verandahs outdoor entertaining areas and landscaping